Action and Protection Foundation has recently launched a regional project with participation of Hungarian, Polish and Slovakian Jewish organizations. Our goal is to counter antisemitism through education by developing white papers that outline a methodology to review and improve Jewish representation in school textbooks. APF will prepare a general white paper based on a textbook revision project successfully completed in Hungary in 2016-2017. With this methodological guidance, partners will develop their white papers for Poland and Slovakia to offer practical advice and a local action plan, including a list of textbooks, schedules, and costs. Meetings with policymakers will be organized to promote the papers and discuss implementation.
With this project, we also would like to strengthen the cooperation and partnership between the V4 countries in their activities encountering antisemitism.
We will implement the following project activities:
- Opening virtual press event and kick-off meeting (September, 2021)
- Developing White paper with standard guidelines, recommendations, and criteria for presenting the Jewish perspective in school textbooks (September-October, 2021)
- Developing Polish and Slovakian white paper (November, 2021-February, 2022)
- Webinar and project closing meeting (February, 2022)
- Advocacy meeting and closing press event in Brussels (February, 2022)
- Advocacy meetings in Bratislava and Warsaw, (February, 2022)
Jewish Educational Center Chabad, Slovakia www.chabadslovakia.com
Social-Cultural Association of Jews In Poland, http://tskz.pl
The project has been supported by the International Visegrad Fund. https://www.visegradfund.org/